First United Methodist Church, Grenada, MS
161 South Line St, Grenada, Mississippi 38901 - PH. (662) 226-3148 FAX. (662) 226-3162
We, at First United Methodist Church, invite you to come worship with us. Our doors are open to all.
Rev. Tom Potter, Shannon, Jesse and Caleb
Grenada First-Message Board:
- Wednesday Night Live-Kick off with a Sports Game Night -Wednesday, August 20 Join us all for a meal designed and prepared by the loving hands of our very own Chef Terry and Chef Jennifer! - $5.00 per plate - pulled BBQ chicken sandwich, slaw, pasta salad, baked beans, Oreo cream cake! 5pm at Fellowship Hall-Make your reservations by each Monday! After our meal it's game time.... Derry and Jason (the "Officials") have organized different sporting events to challenge players of all ages! See you at the driving range, 50 yard line "or" maybe the volleyball court..... we'll find out Wednesday.
- The “Miracles” Sunday, August 24—Nationally renowned choir of musically-gifted adults with intellectual disabilities will be performing here at 161 S. Line Street at 10:55am Service with Pot Luck Dinner to follow at noon.
- Women’s Bible Study for Fall 2014
Monday, August 25 - “Believing God” by Beth
Moore. 6-8:00pm in the Parlor.
Tuesday, August 26. 9-11:00am (Nursery
Tuesday, August 26. 4-5:00pm
- Skeet Shoot at Pinelake sponsored by the United Methodist Men's Club
Saturday, August 30 - Bring your target shooting
skill to the Pinelake Hunt Camp. Meet at camp or
at church at 9am.
"I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die." -Jesus (John 11:25-26)
For Tornado victims
of Tupelo & Lewisville:
How Can You Help:
* prepare and bring Health kits to FUMC office to be shipped to designated site. (see UMCOR Relief link above for details)
* As of May 7, a shipment of 168 cases of water (4284 pounds!) was delivered to UMC Eupora for distribution.
-more? check out newsletter page and Photo gallery.